Friday, March 11, 2011

Broken

I broke my foot. I slipped while going down the stairs and somehow a major ligament in my left ankle chipped a piece of bone. I went to the ER last night, they x-rayed it and sent me home, saying it was just bruised and maybe sprained and I should elevate it, ice it, and take tylenol for any pain.

This morning, the hospital called me saying "ya know what, we were wrong...the radiologist looked at your films and says it's broken, would you mind coming back?" So off I went. I now have a half cast on my left foot, and a consult with an orthopedic surgeon. They should be calling me on Monday to tell me when to come in and be tortured.

For now...crutches and total reliance on other people. I'm so not the type of person to ask for help from others, so this is going to be hard on me. Nothing else I can do though, right?

No comments: