Monday, October 18, 2010

Two years

It's been two years since I've posted to this blog. I didn't even think it was still here.

So very much has happened in what seems to be such a short time. Lets see...2 years ago, I was stuck in Texas while my husband was stuck in Canada. The kids and I made it back up here in time to welcome someone new to the family. Oh wait, let's back track a bit.

February 2009 - Moved from south Texas to the middle of Oklahoma. Got a job, got settled in a house that should have been condemned, and got busy working towards getting back to Canada.
April 2009 - Took Emily up to Canada to celebrate her first birthday with her daddy and grandparents...came home with a surprise.
September 2009 - Found out on my wedding anniversary that our request for permanent residence into Canada had been completed, but no, they couldn't tell us what the answer was, only that there was an answer.
October 2009 - The application was approved and we could finalize our moving plans...the only hitch, I was 8 months pregnant. Time was an issue, money was an issue, everything seemed to be an issue.
November 2009 - We drove for 3 days and landed into Canada on Black Friday, we had much to be thankful for on that Thanksgiving.
December 16, 2009 - That little "surprise" I brought home from Canada back in April decided to make his appearance almost 3 weeks early at 11:47pm. Tristan Alexander arrived weighing in at 8 pounds 4.9 oz.
That was the peanut right after he was born. So small and pink and angry at the world. This is the peanut now...


Fast forward almost a full year. We're moving again, but this time not so far. We bought a house just down the street. We move in a week and a half. I'm in a flurry of sewing for Halloween, sewing for babies, deciding if I want to pack, knowing that if I pack something, I'm going to need it within the next 24 hours. And not just a "oh it can wait a few days need", I'll need it like NOW.

So, that's where we stand. I feel a little guilty going 2 years without  a blog entry, but I mean, it's not like anyone really reads these things...right?

No comments: